PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All GF B767's indefinitely grounded!!!!!!
Old 14th Mar 2007, 09:56
Sinbad1

Wink Be Realistic

ODMEA
"Sinbad, I have to disagree. I do not fly solely based on price as work pays for my trips in most cases. Furthermore, I DO CARE, as do many premium pax I know, what type of ac we fly on"

I was not referring to you as being a pax or some of your premium pax. I always travelled 1st or Bus depend how my company valuate me, but I was referring to the average pax that's just wants to go from A to B specially in the ME and the Asian region. If you take the most money making sectors .i.e the Asian sector is always full, but if you referring to Bus Class or other class that is completely different ball game. But we are not discussing Cabin Class configuration here are we?? I do not think it is right for some people in any company should have the right to think that they are doing you a favour by employing you and hand feed you. You and I and other people are there because of our expertise no more no less.

ODMEA
"I REFUSE to fly the GF 767 and did so prior to this incident as the J class was nothing short of a joke in is disgusting outdated, non-functioning state. Even the A330's are now showing age and unmaintained very worn J and F seats"

Cabin appearance is always priority number 1 in any Airline operation whether it is a low cost or other wise. It is always the captain discretion to accept or refuse the aircraft , this is stated in the MEL.Cabin appearance is purely Airline engineering issue as well as cabin crew issue as they the one should be writing it in the cabin log as a defect and from then on it is up to MOC or MCC to follow up. additionally, after any check the cabin should have been inspected before it is released back to service is it not? what does the engineering crew does during a daily or weekly??? I wonder!!

ODMEA
" I do not blindly get on a plane and see it as a big or small one. I am aware at all times from making the reservation EXACTLY what type of ac I'm travelling on"

You must remember not every one is as educated as you are when it comes to air travel, Most of my friend are surgeons, PhD and teachers would not know Boeing from an airbus if they fell on it.They have enough trouble operating the IFE hand set let alone choose an aircraft.

Point8four
Qoute
"Exactly Odmea - I agree. Passengers now days DO have a choice and are acutely aware of the equipment being used. Price is no longer sole motivation for choice of carrier, its a whole bunch of factors including value, fleet, connections, time and service.

How many pax do you actually come across when they go to their travel agents and say " could you please tell me what type of an aircraft do you have on your menu so I can choose, is it a Boeing 737 NG with winglet or is it the classic 747 with JD9"??? come on be realistic. I totally agree with regards to the pax from Europe are exceptionally aware of the carrier but not its equipments, How could they this is beyond there control.

In my experience what keep a customers loyal to that particular airline is the Cabin appearance which always give very pleasant feed back, The cabin crew mannerism and of course the meal on board not to mention the price. Look at AA aircraft in Sharjah they are not the best in appearance but their flight always almost full. I wonder why??