PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Serv International - Threads Merged
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2007, 03:03
Fat Reggie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whatever

Ok...I'll stop playing the Grinch. I'll be more practical. I've seen Air Serv contracts and "other" operators contracts when I shouldn't have. Air Serv DOES NOT save significant money for anybody. However more than half their income is derived from U.S. Government grants.....

http://partners.guidestar.org/contro...ein=59-2500627

....to the tune of 16 million Dollars and thats only Half their income! They pay their people less than the UN per-diem! But they keep the UN per-diem for themselves! So...where the hell is the money going? Cumbaya's aside, they simply take advantage of good people risking their lives for whatever the hell it is that air serv does. Not to mention competing with REAL commercial relief aviation companies struggling to make ends meet. Hell, I thought the Americans were capitalists spreading capitalism around the world? What aviation company derives half its income from the United States Government...free gratis?

No wonder Africans are finding it tough to make a living flying in Africa. No wonder African aviation companies have a hard time making ends meet. Its a rigged game.