PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANSTON
Thread: MANSTON
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2007, 22:03
Hangar_9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What gets me is that the anti's use one particular problem and boast the IDEA that manston could fail altogether?
The air corridor issue is being blown out of proportion to what is going on.
If regular flights occured, i mean 10-12 flights a day were making in for MSE the noise would be an issue. But as it stands... ermm theres what 1 or 2 a day, my parents live in whitstable under the runway 10 app. they are not bothered by acouple of jets at rooftop height every couple of days.
I like to think i provide a mixed oponion on this matter. I take each event as it happens an talk about just that.
What i am trying to get at is that the virginia flights failed, yes, the majority agree that it was not an ideal venture for MSE and infratil but how on earth can this suggest that every other operation i doomed to failure. kent escapes have proved a viable market exist from the airport to a few SUITABLE destinations. Inartil laid out te idea that outoing passengers to holiday destintaions was the key. Its has begun to happen and they apepar to be right? This is where the future may lie. Every business runs the financial risk of venturing into something new, some things work, some dont.
I think we need to take step back an think, OK:
Virginia failed, but on the other hand The kent escapes have'nt.
MK have returned, and as yet to leave.
Eygpt Air are returning for a second time impressed.
DAS to continue.

Anyway anough from me i am bored having to talk now.