PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Namibia DE-what a mission
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2007, 19:25
redskyventures

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Namibian DE's

Hi Vrystaat - I guess you got your Nam CPL, and I fully agree with you comment - ye- it's bad enough flying here without the worry of the standard dropping, I am trying to work with some of the Swakop companies on improving the route check and training-but this may be a while and is only some.
For Joshua Express, I have very confirmed allegations about WFTC's accountable manager, from the man himself, so wouldn't worry there, but then again if he can lie to DCA he can lie to a court of law.
As for SA DE's I would welcome it, and it is something which apparently Capt Jonach (again by the man himself) was suggested as a solution.
Further to the grade II it is only certain GII's and I have all the details, it will only be conducted acording to the NAMCAR's, and according to the rating and license held, it is not quite as bad as initially reported. It is a process the DE situation in the NAMCAR's allows for- but only in certain conditions.
The privilleges are not instated until the process has been completed, however I do sincerely hope some kind of standardisation initiative is included, and in this sense I think-or hope Nam DCA is sometimes more ahead than SA - but perhaps someone out there can enlighten me.