PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Look alive!
Thread: Look alive!
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2007, 18:47
Juud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Virginia, I find some of your comments on this and other threads so ignorant that I am wondering if your persona is a deliberate wind-up.

Backpacker, thanks for joining the discussion. Always good to hear things from a different perspective. For people with your level of knowledge, the safety briefing is at best a refresher. As the research claims, the more often people watch the demo, the deeper the info will embed itself in their minds and the bigger the chance that they will react appropriately in a real emergency, thereby saving their own lives.
And that is why we FAs want our pax to watch the demo.

I sympathise when you say that you find it hard going to watch every time you fly. I commute by air between home and my FA job. Have done so for the past 17 years. The never-changing safety demo on our 737s is done by FAs rather than on video. Out of collegial courtesy, I watch it. But I have to force myself to do so.

It's in the thread title and has been confirmed by several posters; first commandment is that WE need to be seen to care.

To make sure I don't sound bored, I'm always varying my PA, so urok, I'll try yours next time.