PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Latest Interview Details
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2007, 17:57
birdonthewire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my experience of the 2nd interview - If you're prepared it's hard work but ok. If you're not it'd be a nightmare. Try to fly out early if you can, the time change will stop you being at your best.

Sim- they couldn't give you more help save flying it for you. You get a thorough briefing on profiles and flap speeds etc before the another 10 mins in the sim going over the knobs and levers. All the guy in the other seat (of your choice) does is vspeeds on takeoff and radalt calls for the flare. Expect engine fire downwind on 2nd approach. Just asked him for the recall items and mentioned QRH, call cabin crew, pax, company etc, all very brief. Found an hours practise well worthwhile.

Tech/HR interview much as described elsewhere. One thing tho, I was on the Boeing couple of years ago and he asked me for some Boeing emergency procedures rather than my current type so if it's on your CV, they may go there! Everyone in our group seemed to have a very different interview. Some nearly all HR, some nearly all tech, some 1/2 and 1/2 some facts and figure some very LOFT orientated.

Prepared for maths test by doing some examples on the internet which worked out ok. Cocktail party I found quite useful as you get to hear a bit more about them rather than the me me me of the interviews. Also a last chance for them to find out more about you (if they haven't already made up their minds!).

The whole process was a very slickly run well-oiled machine and quite impressive. Everyone v friendly that I met CX and non CX people alike.
Hope this helps!