PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS one of best 20 companies to work for in UK
Old 13th Mar 2007, 16:05
Gonzo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually niknak, my reply was to illustrate just how superfluous your statement was. How on earth would you know that 'very, very few' of us could contend with a move to a less 'cushioned' environment?

But if you insist...

You will be the lowest of the low, you are nothing until you validate and prove yourself - which will take several years, you will struggle to compete with local competition.
Interesting. Why would I want to prove myself? And no, before you jump down my throat shouting 'Ah ha!!!, told you so'.....All I'd want to do is prove myself competent to hold a ULE, and be thought of as an 'ok' controller who people like to work with. If I feel that I have to keep proving myself even after, as you put it, 'several years', surely that says more about your unit than it does about me? I'm quite well aware that I'd be a trainee again. However, I pity your trainees if you think of them as 'nothing', the 'lowest of the low', or is that particular honour reserved for those trainees who used to work for NATS?

Personally, I and my colleagues do everything to make trainees feel part of the team, from day one on the unit.

as I get the impression, you are a big fish in the pond
Oh, sorry, I nearly wet myself. This just illustrates that you don't know me.