PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Command?
Thread: New Command?
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2007, 15:51
dallas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have heard a rumour that there is to be no more PTC/HQ STC from 1 Apr 07 but a new 'Air Command' with a newly created 3* appt within it. Is this jobs for the senior boys and a waste of hard pressed funding creating new letterheads, business cards and repainting parking places and signs etc etc.

Has there been a formal announcement that I have missed or a statement of the need to change what isnt broken, hasnt the Co-located HQ only just been formed? I must admit I would much rather seebenefit from some more FP/Armour/AT DAS in theatre where it counts rather than a shiney new badge and an extra seat at the Top Table in the Bucks HQ.
I think you're being unfair, SLC, we haven't had a new command in months now. I also think we're missing a trick by not having a Change Command who you can CC: (get it?) all your proposed essential new renames and abbreviations. (I thought the addition of the colon in the logo would be particularly corporate and nineties).

On the up side, I am now dealing with Leaving Command, so don't have to put up with this squandering of resources much longer.