PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why cant we low timers CFIs get a job?
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2007, 14:22
mikelimapapa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
there is hope

ToTall,

I just got hired yesterday with 188 hrs so it is possible to find jobs with not alot of hours. I was actively looking for work for 3 months before it happened though; every day was spent on VR and justhelicopters looking for new postings, emailing my resume to every HR department I could find, calling the other CFI's I know that were already working. I even traveled down to heliexpo, which nobody was looking for CFI's there, but I did make some more contacts so it ended up being worth it. In the end, I got this job because one of my friends called me last thursday night and said his chief pilot was looking for another instructor. So, 8am friday morning I was on the phone with his boss and emailed him my resume. At 11am friday, I got a call back to come down for an interview. I packed up my car and left syracuse, ny by 5pm. I was in orlando by sunday afternoon, had an interview yesterday morning and got hired. Anything is possible, you just have to be willing to go anywhere on a moments notice and make as many friends as you can!