PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Comair's TA flies
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2001, 09:14
Ignition Override

Nothing personal intended by my previous post, regarding the shabby treatment and insulting pay of so much of our US airline industry, and the arrogance of many so-called corporate "leaders". Many of them are in it only for their own immense enrichment-most display no actual interest in aviation: just assets vs liabilities (the employees!). Look at huge bonuses paid at various airlines while thousands of employee "staff" took pay cuts or got laid-off. Check out Stephen Wolf's pay and stock options, for example, or John Dasburg's.

When we need a job, or a better one, we often could not afford to refuse the next job offer, especially a critical step in a career.

Those of us who worked for nothing at regionals had no chance of improving the pay there by simply avoiding the acceptance of work in such a 'market economy'. I'm not angry, just disgusted with our short-term "commodity industry".

No apologies here regarding my remarks about our business-after years we are "married" (committed) to our companies-no revolving doors available as with so many executives,and I hope that those who are indifferent to their employees read all of this.