PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maths and Physics knowledge req'd for ATPL and airline flying?
Old 13th Mar 2007, 10:26
future captain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some one has mentioned, that you can retake the maths at a different college. But where the problem comes is that, if you had a U, the college won't take you on, so even though so can retake, where are you going to learn the new topics?

I really doubt double ICT is second only to physics. Chill out mate. Its not the end of the world. I had fairly poor Alevels in Biology, Chemistry and Geography. Geography got me a good enough grade but the other two were DD. Im at uni atm, doing computer science.

The schemes ask for alevels of high standard, but so long as you have strong enough GCSE (A's and B's english math science etc) you will be ok, the ATPL stuff as far as i can see, is GCSE standard, anything thats not, im sure you'll pick it up. You may not be able to apply for the schmes, but if your dream is to be a pilot, nothing stopping you the self funded way, the schemes are self funded anyways!