PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Weird browser behaviour
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2007, 09:40
tail wheel

Received 236 Likes on 126 Posts
I posted a link to this thread in our Admin Forum. There has been some debate in the hallowed halls about similar problems and I understand Danny and the geeks are working on a fix.

Please understand someone must pay for your PPRuNe forums and that presently comes from advertisements, although PPRuNe Administration has tried to keep the adverts as subtle as possible.

It doesn't give the Dunnunda Mods too much bargaining power when Dunnunda accounts for 13% of PPRuNe "traffic" whilst Aussie adverts accounts for less than a nominal percentage of the revenue.

Over the past ten years or so, PPRuNe, with 130,000 registered users and many more viewers, could have become a major cash cow, but that was never Danny's intention. He still aspires to an independent professional pilot's forum, not compromised by commercial allegiances and considerations. The Mods, Admins and systems guys are still all voluntary, despite the size of the site.

On the subject of browsers, I use Firefox. It appears to be a vast improvement over IE7. The only time I use IE7 is when I wish to log into PPRuNe under my personal users name, whilst I am also logged in as a Mod in Firefox.