PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rookie in india looking for guidance
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2007, 09:15
soulfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Quarry King !

I'm planning to take a plunge into the aviation industry. My dad happens to be a pilot and also planning to start an aviation co. here in india itself.

Well you could look at Madras Flying Club or even Flytech aviation , ive heard they are pretty good.
First of all , best of luck for getting a CPL , and dont worry 26 isnt too old to start an airline career.

I happen to know a lot of people who're training at Basair and Pacific flying club at Vancouver. If youre planning to do your training from India itself you could also consider IGRUA at rae bareli : www.igrua.gov.in
Usually they have issues with the instructors , the fleet and it's time-consuming.
However , the infrastructure , the student to Instructor ratio , the training and the whole composition of the course including your own knowledge would be much better if you train abroad. Some flying schools abroad also have integrated 'fast track' programs that take lesser time.
As you would know Indian flying schools do have a lot of issues , a lot of red tape and maintenance problems.

Major airlines when recruiting , make you sign up a bond . Thats right , you give them post dated cheques , the whole amount is reimbursed to you after youre done with the bond-period. Usually it's in the range of 10-20k.. like i've heard.
It's just because of the high attrition rate prevalent in the industry.
I'll have a word about it with my colleagues and get back to you when i have specific info.
Cheers .