PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Zero to Forty Five - my PPL Diary
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2007, 09:03
mazzy1026

Spicy Meatball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
***First taildragger solo for me this morning!!! Woohoo!!!!***
You must feel like a kid all over again after the first solo - well done! (still jealous)

All the experiences/difficulties/concerns that are being posted are classic and I promise you all that soon it does just 'click' into place. By no means are you/we an expert, but you will soon be able to think about other tasks (radio, nav etc) without having to give 100% concentration just keeping it flying straight.

I cannot believe I got my license on March 4th 2006, just over 1 year ago - where has the time gone? On Sunday I completed my SEP renewal (compulsory hour with instructor in second year) managed 4 landings and a completely none standard trip over to where I work (Deeside). Left the zone normally at Chester, switched over to Hawarden (who are usually closed at 1630 on a Sunday!) flew right around their zone (Deeside is right next to Sealand gliding field) then headed back in none standard via Neston. My first landing was good apart from the fact I ended up about 75 light years off the centreline on final approach! I did correct it though for the rest, the stonking crosswind didn't help

Best wishes
Lee