PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Airport Security
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2007, 08:55
paull

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Profiling and identification of frequent fliers.

There are lots of passenger who fly infrequently but the average "Bum on seat" is a frequent flier. I have been flying an average of 4 per week for over 20years. Sure, I could flip anytime, I could be a sleeper serving my 25yrs of good behaviour planning for the big one but in reality if you could pull up my travel profile (not my racial profile) and be sure it is me then you can transfer a lot of your effort elsewhere because I am just not high risk.
I remember getting a hard time leaving Israel once, I blew my top in the end and said "I have only got one small bag, why do you not just take it apart!", the reply was "Our aim is not to keep weapons off planes, our aim is to keep terrorists off planes".
In my case the hard time came about not because of skin colour but because I was a Brit living in France, travelling back via Zurich, instead of the Paris flight, Kuwaiti stamps in passport, just met with one of their professors who computes reliability of weapons systems etc., etc., I think they were right to pick me frankly!

Last edited by paull; 13th Mar 2007 at 08:58. Reason: there their typo.