PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GFPT Moorabbin
Thread: GFPT Moorabbin
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2007, 22:40
A37575

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They have my flight records i'm sure they know what is required next but there
Not necessarily so, unfortunately. Most of the "progress" reports I have seen over many years in the business, are appallingly written. Such gems as "Richard, you must check all clear left and right before turning base." Or how about this for concise clear language. "Can't land properly yet."
Until the CFI of the instructor takes the time to pore through student progress reports one by one and ensure they are well written and able to be easily followed through by the next instructor who in turn can then plan the students next session, then the student has done his dough yet again.
Too often, the business of correct writing of progress reports is not adequately covered during the grade 3 instructors course - probably because the grade one instructor teaching the course has little idea himself.
Some of the so called "progress reports" sent on (sometimes with marked reluctance I might add) to the next flying school to whom a disgruntled student has gravitated, are nothing less than disgraceful and a sad reflection on the CFI's administration - or sad lack of. Typically a brief scrawled comment with time flown - repeat that a number of times by instructors who lack basic spelling and English grammar competency and no wonder the student gains nothing from being passed down the line to bored instructors who simply fleece the student on yet another "revision" period.

Last edited by A37575; 13th Mar 2007 at 12:36.