PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON - 5
Thread: LUTON - 5
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2007, 22:31
Buster the Bear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr

Sadly, the departure of the man that held the unison between LBC and the concession partners together, has also heralded the slow decline in their relationship?

That man bridged the gap between business and local council. He has obviously not been anywhere near adequately replaced by LBC?
Talking to local councilors is not like talking to business partners in a mega industrialised conglomerate used to dealing with Spanish bureaucracy!
I hope there is plenty of conciliation and arbitration going on behind the scenes to bring the partners of Luton and the holders of its Master Plan, more closely together?

LBC might just be suffering form 'Concession Charge Reduction Overload'?
To LBC, the Concession was 'Sold as Seen' back in the last decade with 25 years to run.

This might sound just like I am pro LBC? How far from the truth is that thought, but I do have knowledge of how the Town Hall thinks and it is far from how a multi national conglomerate would conduct its business. The two need to communicate at a level clearly understood by both.

As I keep on saying May is a pivotal month for the future of Luton Airport and for those residents in Luton with a keen interest in the airport, vote for the political party campaigning for airport growth. My guess is, that none of the popular parties will have the increase in pollution that comes from airport development at the top of their manifesto, even though the airport fills the coffers in the Town Hall.

As a politician, LBC has a steady income stream from a concession that has 15+ years to run, so why 'rock' the political boat!

And in the meantime......