PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK military pay rise 2007
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2007, 22:02
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Ginseng - let me guess, it's only an advert dear!

To be honest, I'm not so sure that they will bat an eyelid when it comes to the days lost on the leave record - the hierachy are taking the view that despite the op tempo, it is simply a case of mismanaging leave.

Well perhaps, but it is something of a kick in the teeth when you are forced to cancel pre-booked and auth'd leave because you have to do an unplanned short notice OOA to help out and are then told that you haven't managed your leave and will loose almost 3 weeks. And to then be told it is your fault .... it's just not on Sir

The bosses really aren't helping themselves with policies like this, and for many it may well end up being the final nail in the coffin. For the rest of us, it just means whatever good will we had left will be wiped out in a stroke, and we will play hardball to match the Execs gratuitously unfair behaviour - after all, how often do you see those that make the rules disappearing on a) ops or b) leave?

That said I had a chat with the Admin office about it this afternoon, and our very helpful Cpl passed on quite a useful tip - if only I'd known this earlier:

For those of you that don't realise (and until 1500 today, that included me!) POTL is valid for a year from when you get back off ops. If it looks like there is a chance of missing out on carrying over leave due the Boss wanting to look good, take annual leave rather than POTL when you get back of ops until you can be sure you won't bounce the 15 days carry over limit. Only then should, start on your POTL, which will be carried over automatically to the next leave year without being included in the 15 day limit. It's all a bit academic in my case, but hopefully this little snippet might be of some use to some of you out there.