PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinese written test...
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2007, 17:25
russsherwood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Caac Exam

Hi All

I can see the concern... I am also studying for the CAAC exam in Beijing Pan Am - various people say different things. Most people that passed (not the majority, of course !) said that you need to be pretty lucky as it's 50% guess-work, 40% (or less) Gleim CPL/IR question bank and 10% are in damn Mandarin ( - Nice One, CAAC !!!)

So far the school is prepping people by asking them to know Gleim questions like the back of their hand and study some Chinese ATPL theory books.

Never the less, I've been able to see the sample questions from the test and it's safe to conclude that the questions are translated from English to Chinese and back to English by some high-school drop-out fruitcake who probably holds a huge grudge againts all the westerners. Most questions bare some terrific grammar mistakes, loss of basic linkage between the words in a sentance, lack of any valid point in question, incomplete, contain exactly the same answers (that could be correct or by far have no correct answers) and simply make absolutely no sense at all !.. Some are in Mandarin, as i said, so it's not even funny.

Personally I'm prepared to fail here (I got 100%, 95% and 100% on my recent FAA CPL, CFI and CFII respectively). But, of course - Good Luck to you all ! I will update the forum on any helpful or valid information that I come across.

Tailwinds !