PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Severe turbulence/mountain wave 10th March 2007
Old 12th Mar 2007, 16:22
garp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ Real slim Shady, your milder tone makes much more sense to me now.
"When the speed is varying so fast that you are going from full thrust to idle to try to stop it hitting the red, and the you can't maintain altitude and the aircraft is rolling violently, you don't want to hang around in it."
I guess my reply makes as much sense to you
"Whenever possible he will get descend, if he has to wait and cannot he should declare that he's unable to maintain level and emergency separation can be applied."
Your quote: "The easyJet wasn't a Wimp"
I went over that already, took that word back.
Your quot: "Following requests from half a dozen aircraft for immediate descents from 370 and 390 other aircraft following were requesting early descents before the wave hit them: if the controllers already knew that 370 and 390 were bad why did they not warn the crews and offer descents?"
My quote: "Rest assured that any pilot asking for a level change due turbulence will get it but not at any price. As a final note you can also rest assured that we will try our very best to warn you about turbulence and try to plan you at different levels."
There's a big difference between your initial post and this subsequent post, I'll buy the second real slim shady a beer :-)

@ WWW "ATC are our allies, not our foes. Keep that for management..

WWW"
I'll buy you a beer anytime.