PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Could Jetstar Leave JPC and join AIPA
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2007, 14:22
fistfokker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VB pilots to set up new union?
What a farkin joke.
If the VB pilots are not happy with their current union (AFAP) it is because VB pilots in general and in large numbers take little or no interest in the operation of that Union. What would change. NOTHING. Nobody external to VB would take any interest in such a union. The same as nobody external would wish to join a formalised J* Pilot Group union. I have said it before and will continue bleating, until ALL pilots in Australia get together under one banner, in the interest of ALL pilots in Australia, then no progress will be made. Until AIPA and AFAP can re-unite then all is lost. Setting up a new splinter group is simply a waste of time and effort. Let us all unite in one excited voice, AIPA and AFAP, get it together, no more in-fighting, all members supporting the combined outfit, and go forward for the good of all pilots in Australia. I certainly cannot support any organisation that does not seek to represent ALL Australian pilots employed in Australia. I agree, let us put the past behind us and move forward as a united group, but let us not seek to destroy what is already in place. Surely a merging of those resources will be much more effective than attempting to sideline them.