PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GFPT Moorabbin
Thread: GFPT Moorabbin
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2007, 11:11
ILS 31R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GFPT Moorabbin

I have been doing my GFPT over the past 14 months at a flying school at Moorabbin airport and have logged 55 hrs total time with 6 hrs solo and 3hrs IF.(I am part time and try to fly once a week,weather permitting).
Have passed all my theory exams and went first solo at 17 hrs. I have had 10 different instructors,and have also completed my pre GFPT flight test as well.

Due to the continious change in flight instructor there opinion conitniously changes on my developement such as you need 10 hrs solo minimum before your ready for your GFPT, or another instructor will mention you need more x wind circuits, or another one will say lets go back into the training area and work on a few things. The thing is i've already been signed off on every thing except solo hrs,but when its good weather i don't seem to be given the opportunity to fly solo?

My question is when i have a different flight instructor they decide to work on something different. They have my flight records i'm sure they know what is required next but there seems to be many differences and variances in the way my flight training is going, its not consistent.

Since my Pre GFPT test i have done another 10 hrs TT with an 1 hr solo. There have been many times when i have had the chance to go solo either in the circuit or training but that hasn't been the case and it seems this is never going to end.

I then decided to do some research with other various flying schools and ask what there opinion is on the number of flight instructors i have had as well as the number of hrs. The consensis was that i should of already completed my GFPT and its ridiculous that i've had 10 instructors.

After talking to another flying school they offered to test me to see how my flying skills are. After the lesson they said everything was satisfactory and at GFPT standard.

The flying school has offered me 1 more lesson and then i'm ready for my GFPT test.

I guess my questions from all of that are

1. How long should it take the avearge student to complete there GFPT.
2. How many hours Solo do you require.
3. How many instructors should you really have, and why aren't they consistent.

It feels as if there just sucking money out of me and dragging it out for as long as possible.
The only good thing is that the other flying school has mentioned that the TT will go towards my CPL Total hours.

I have now transferred schools and looking forward to contining on with my flying.

Has anyone else experienced this?