PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All GF B767's indefinitely grounded!!!!!!
Old 12th Mar 2007, 10:31
Trader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tbay - actually it was the lack of lotion and the copious quantity of alcohol that caused the 'head burn' Mine seems ok - mind you I am not quite as bald!!!!!!!

EY makes 2450/month PLUS they don't spend 290 additional each month for housing PLUS they don't have to add another 150/month in savings per kid in school (more if your kids are over about 10 years of age). You look at those numbers and they come away 1240 BD MORE a month than we do at GF.

Factor in a retirement plan etc and it is almost impossible NOT to move. These claims that DXB is super expensive don't cut it. Comparing it to Bahrain and I see only some minor differences. Hell with that pay difference who cares if you spend 100bd more a month you still come out ahead.

THIS is why pilots are leaving GF. Not out of spite but out of simple economics. The other carriers have made significant increases over the years while GF has done almost nothing. So people leave.

Take into account that your wife has her own visa which entitles her to work and you quickly see how a family is better off.

I like GF and I like the fact that it is small and that you get to know most people. But unless they match or come close to the other regional carriers then I and many others will be forced, literally, to move.