PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Biman A310 accident DXB Mon 12th March
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2007, 10:05
GMDS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There we go. Just recently the EU banned the A310’s from PIA flying into Europe, due to serious safety standard doubts. GCAA (UAE) saw no reason to do the same which quickly evoked the thanks by Pakistan to their (o-quote) “Muslim Brothers” for accepting their reassurance that all their aircraft were serviced to the highest international standard. So the religion card was played at the safety game, we all agree it has nothing to do there.
Another brother now inflicts some serious delays to Dubai with a equally doubtful A310. It’s the standard of maintenance and crew that matters, not implying that it necessarily led to this accident, however at the same time it cannot be ruled out. If the ME wants to play a major role in international aviation, it has to abolish its double standard lots of us suspect in applying safety and crewing standards of local talent.
Physics, Mother Nature and especially Mr. Murphy make no difference between the players. As we share the same air and groundspace with these players, please accept that I am NOT trying to discriminate anyone, but simply want to remain safe while going after my business. I think we have a right to bring this subject up to a professional discussion.