PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 12th Mar 2007, 08:56
Beaver diver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
737-800 or 737-200?

Some people here are more interesting about arguing with others what is each individual's best choice or not. Let's open a new topic called "Bu...hit and rumours" huh?
This is an assesment/Ryanair/training topic (or It used to be until our dear moderators threw in bunch of topics from everywhere) so let's stick to it. I don't wanna know your personal pains and issues and detailing your negative irrational thoughts, guessings and speculations etc. as most of us wasn't born with the silver spoon in our mouth and at the end of the day; life is what you make it!
OK, got that one out fairly quickly, didn't I?
Back to the 800 vs 200 questions and answers.
The reason they were using 200 is mainly because of the analog instruments used in that model and pretty straight rudder and stick flying and manouverability of that a/c. Most low time pilots come from analog background, therefore it is easier to adapt to 200 than 800.
Why are they using 800, beats me, but I guess they want more stringent pilots. Part of this is also us yapping here on pprune about procedures,interviews etc, and believe me, they do have HR people monitoring web sites and then take actions accordingly!
Their main goal on SIM assesment for them is to see how is your first initial contact with full size medium jet and your handling characteristics during procedures they gave you and not how well you can handle it after 10 hours of self paid SIM with Realsimulation.
It is not in their favour, having hundreds of people going into 737-200 sim (£259 ph, not so expensive isn't it?) on their own prior to assesment and book 5 or 10 hours on it, and then come and do the assesment at EMA as this way, they don't get the realistic picture of who they are hiring.
Well, they know you will have a hard time doing the same thing in a 737-800 sim, agree?
So, this could be one of the main factors...

Cheers and don't be negative for crying out loud!