PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC - Who gets a job?
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2007, 08:53
trainee99

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
The longest delay I know of having been through the CTC Wings scheme is a total of 6 months mainly due to the training capacity of a partner airline - not a big deal in the scheme of things bearing in mind that your job is still there. For the ATP scheme, I think some of the guys have waited in the hold pool for a comparable time, but generally it's less time than that I think, but more frustrating for the ATP guys whose delay tends to all come between aqc and type rating as opposed to wings whose delay can be padded out between leaving nz and starting bournemouth, bournemouth and starting aqc, aqc and starting type rating etc (a month here and there). I don't think that anyone who has succesfully completed either course has not got a job within these timescales with a CTC partner airline. Also, as far as I'm aware, once CTC select you, being picked up by a partner airline is then more of a question of demand and on a first come first served basis. The airlines don't subjectively pick certain people out of the hold pool, and as I understand it, the ATP cadets are 'recruited' by CTC based on their estimated demand from partner airlines, thus a wait in the hold pool will be because the demand from partner airlines has changed, and at that point CTC slow or stop recruiting to empty out their hold pool - it doesn't just keep on growing at a rate of 'x' per month. Perhaps someone can correct me if i'm wrong about this. My experience is of the CTC Wings course and I've spoken to a number of ATP guys on my way through AQC and Type Rating.

Last edited by trainee99; 12th Mar 2007 at 09:03. Reason: added some more info