PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A dim view of Airbus
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2007, 22:57
Grongle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I may be so bold, allow me to make a respectful entrance from a position not expected. You can see my age (left), and I won't ask yours. I'm not a pilot. But in the work I do, I have likewise become pretty critical in the last several years if the lighting is not just exactly right. After all, I prize my sight and a good tool requires a good working environment.

That balloon hit hard when my ophthalmologist recently murmered, "Well, of course, as cataracts develop, light becomes more critical, and your focus depends on increasingly better lighting."

"CATARACTS!" I exclaimed. How dare this goggle-eyed numbskull—

"No, no," he laughed. "The real thing is a long way off. Years and years, and maybe never. But, yes, you have the very beginnings of cataracts. And that is why you notice you are turning on more light in order to focus." I had asked him, at the outset, how increasing the candlepower could have a bearing on optical focus. I had been complaining about the LIGHT, though—not really about my EYES. Er—at least, so I thought.

There you are. Just a suggestion. If the information is of any use to you, that's good; and if not, that's good, too.