PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EXETER
Thread: EXETER
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2007, 19:45
Flybeeeee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any ideas on what other operators are coming in S07? I used to look at the 'Xair' website but quite frankly that is useless - last updated 2005!!
I know the usual visitors last year was LTE/Volar A320, Air Europa B738's, Futura B738's, Air Malta/XL A320, FCA B752/A320, Sun Express B738's, Onur Air A321, Air Transat A310, EuroCypria B738 Austrian Arrows F100, Sunadria F100, SATA A320, Viking Airlines MD83, BritishJet MD90 and of course the Flybe's........but would be nice to see some others.
Although, I don't think the Viking is operating this year. The BritishJet is still operating on Wednesdays (2nd year running) so demand for Malta must be high.
I used to like the MYT A320 coming in in the new colours...shame that stopped. It would be fab so get some more based aircraft however the problem is Flybe already use 4 stands and there isn't many as it is........Exeter Airport need to pull their finger out and start expanding the apron and terminal facilities before we shall see a large increase in operators.
There was a rumour a while ago that Ryanair were considering Exeter to London Stansted to replace the Newquay flights (after the Newquay departure tax argument) but havn't heard anything since.
The only new aircraft will be Blue Line F100 which will be operating some of the Flybe routes whilst Flybe wait for more Embraer 195's to be delivered.
When you think about it I suppose, Exeter does pretty bloody well over the summer:
Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen, Newcastle, Norwich, Leeds/Bford, Guernsey, Jersey, Manchester, Alicante, Faro, Palma, Nice, Avignon, Rennes, Bergerac, Brest, Paris CDG, Amsterdam, Malaga, Belfast, Dublin, Corfu, Crete, Tenerife, Minorca, Dalaman, Bodrum, Antalya, Paphos, Larnaca, Madeira, Las Palmas, Arrecife(Lanzarote), Toronto Pearson, Toronto Hamilton, Austria, Verona, Bulgaria, Malta, Ibiza, Monastir, Scilly Isles. (Proud I remembered most of them)