PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots & Rampers Charged in USA w/Immigration Charges/Arrested
Old 13th Feb 2002, 06:34
Roadtrip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
buggsmasher - . .Don't confuse anger with resolve. We Americans have been far too passive, acquiesing, and politically correct. 9/11 was the shock treatment and punishment for our collective stupid naivety. Brits and foreign nationals come to the US for pilot training, NOT because they want to contribute to the American economy, but because their own government's policies have made pilot training grossly overpriced. But I suppose they think it worth it, even with the headaches of converting the FAA certificate to UK or JAR standards. A very few stay illegally and try and get jobs because their own economies do not or will not support a robust aviation industry. How many Americans go to the UK and Europe for pilot training or for a job for that matter.

When someone like Staysafe abuses his welcome here, or someone like Ichnusa takes pleasure in rubbing our faces in the failure of the PC INS to control our borders, it's time call a spade, a spade.

I've lived for several years in foreign countries, both in Europe and the Middle East. I respected their laws. I expect foreigners in my house to render the same reciprocity.

A roundup of illegal aliens in the US and killing Al Queda terrorists has less to do with anger than fixing a problem we should have fixed long ago.