PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Strategic Aviation - Interview/Information PLEASE HELP
Old 11th Mar 2007, 14:02
Annie_o

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not saying that it wasnt a good experiance etc and yeah have made some awsome freinds and yeah the money was good, but I couldnt put a price on my safety...just letting you know the truth...I think your kidding yourself by saying the safety is standard to other airlines, when our aussie pilots are all resigning at the moment over the lack of standards and procedures in the flight deck let alone in the cabin.....and after speaking with the pilots who have resigned, said that there flying licence is threatened by flying with the procedures (or lack of) that they have in place....a huge reason why I resigned and why many other crew have too...So i'm definetley not alone there.
The only reason why they stopped hiring experianced cabin crew is because they all know how an airline is supposed to run as far as procedures, duty times and traning goes and that these crew are leaving as fast as they came...the crew from aviation australia are just happy to fly as cabin crew hence why there turn over isnt as high as the experianced crew.
But this is only advice that I am giving and by no means take it as me saying not to go....but Iam really not alone on this and I guess the previous post was by someone who had been at the company for a very short time, because the things ive mentioned above really grow tiresome after a while...
All the best
Annie