PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - who are the best controllers in the world and the worst ?
Old 11th Mar 2007, 12:09
conflict alert

swanie...you posted

"three staff operating two parrellel runways, and a surface movement. dealing with abinitios, through to china southerns citations, RFDS medcal emergencies ect, with little more than a pair of binoculars"

try one controller operating two parallel runways with two crossing, doing everything from ground / aerodrome control / metars / internal co-ordination / outside lines..NO RADAR...yes we did have a pair of bino's..mix in tow planes, gliders, microlights, helicopters, parachuting, GA - including abinitios and english second language students!!!!!! , IFR training, 3rd level airline aircraft and domestic scheduled flights..using all 4 runways..2 x shifts per day, each controller working over 400 movements per THEIR shift the bulk of which would be over a 4 hour period of each shift (0900-1300 and 1300-1700) = 100 movements/hour...day after day after day after day. We weren't the best...we weren't the worst..we were just f***king good at our airfield, and I'm sure their are others around the world that could say the same. I could tell you WHAT makes a good controller or WHAT makes a bad controller...but you can NEVER say WHO is the best or WHO is the worst.

Last edited by conflict alert; 11th Mar 2007 at 12:15. Reason: cos i can