PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Strategic Aviation - Interview/Information PLEASE HELP
Old 11th Mar 2007, 10:53
ladyluck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow....that is really negative. I recently left the company, not for any of the above reasons but simply because its not the kind of company you need to stay at for a long time. They offer contracts on a 6 month re-newable basis and I found this to be more than enough. Personally I had a ball at the company, made some great friends and got to travel to places I'd probably never get a chance to. You're in a close proximity to book cheaper holidays to places such as Egypt, Dubai, Israel, Turkey to name just a few. Its a great opportunity to visit these places on your long trips in Kuwait.

Whilst Annie made the trips to Kuwait sound so terrible, you are being paid $100 US per night that you are away, you stay in a beautiful 5 star hotel and basically have a lot of free time to do basically whatever you want. I guess it depends on the sort of person you are and whether you will effectively utilise the time. Its a great time to buy a laptop and study a course by correspondance, go the the gym and get fit, buy and watch the latest movies for $2.50.....spend time with your collegues, hang out, shop whatever.

I found my six months enough to get everything I wanted out of the job. Its reasonable pay if you don't blow the whole thing on alcohol like most of the crew do......and whinge that they only have $20 until pay day. As for safety onboard, its pretty standard. Strategic used to only recruit ex-cabin crew which I think was a real asset to them, however they started to recruit newbies from Aviation Australia in Brisbane where most had never set foot in an aircraft. Thats when the accelerated training program starts to pose a problem. But they are all pretty switched on crew all the same and very friendly!

Pity Annie had such a rough trot. Anyway, I suggest to go for it. Its the cruisiest job I have ever had, almost like being on holiday for 6 months. The flying is fantastic as our passengers are every crews dream come true, yes there are a few issues as of late with new procedures that have been put in place regarding crew rest.....but undoubtedly those things are probably under scrutiny as we speak. Enough of this novel....and good luck.