PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue EBA
Thread: Virgin Blue EBA
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2007, 09:22
sinala1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Ol_Shep, welcome to Pprune - I see thats your first post - its not often we get a Virgin Blue "pilot" posting in our EBA discussions, so welcome aboard

Could I ask a favour - you seem to be quite educated on the WorkChoices legislation and its potential application to Cabin Crew - perhaps you could post links to the information you are referring to? I would be quite interested in reading it - particularly the reference you make to rescinding current agreements and replacing them with AWA's.

Interesting also to note that the comparisons you are making under the WorkChoices legislation are mostly to Ground jobs. I doubt Mr Howard is familiar with URTI, but thats not his job to be familiar with it - thats where the FAAA (or, in your case, as I am sure you are aware, being a pilot and all - the AFAP) and our union delegates negotiate on our behalf to have conditions relevant to our employment included in the agreement. Granted under an AWA this may not be the case - however, as mentioned earlier, I would really like to read the specifics of the ability of a company to rescind a currently active Certified Agreement, that was lodged under the Workplace Relations Act (1996) prior to the introduction of the Workchoices Legislation.

Thanks for that, its much appreciated - just more reading for me - its certainly been an interesting & educating few days!

Last edited by sinala1; 11th Mar 2007 at 09:39.