PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ISLE OF MAN
Thread: ISLE OF MAN
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2007, 23:11
Ayline

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Flybe take over is not all good news. I am flying from Guernsey to the Isle of Man in May. I could have flown direct from Guernsey with Blue Islands but, as I need to stop off in Manchester on the way, I needed to book a MAN-IOM return flight. I selected the flights on the BA website on the day of the take over. Rather than book and later find that the flight would be re-scheduled by Flybe, I waited until the flights were transferred to the Flybe website. The cost of the MAN-IOM return flight following the transfer to Flybe increased from £90 to £163.98 (and that's before paying for bags). Having looked at the alternatives with Flybe, which all seemed expensive, I have now booked a Euromanx flight for £88 return. Even that is expensive compared to the £68.30 return fare charged by Aurigny Air Serivces to fly from Guernsey to Manchester. Anyway I am pleased, I am flying GCI-IOM for £156 return which works out about £8 less than the Flybe MAN-IOM flight. I appreciate that flights increase in cost as the seats are sold but an £84 increase overnight seems excessive especially when most of the flights on other days were nearly as much. I came across single fares on the Flybe site as much as £91.44.