PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How many Bacon pilots have actually left?
Old 10th Mar 2007, 19:01
Anotherflapoperator

Oh, dear, I hope my initial post hasn't stirred up a hornet's next regarding SOPs. I apologise if it has, and if it hyjacks the thread a bit as well. Sorry.

LHS? Doubt it. With the current plan, we have enough Manxies for three aircraft in the LHS, but I'm STILL one from last on the list, that's the way it's always been on the rock. When I joined it was four aircraft and reasonable career prospects if you chose to stay, but BA put paid to that. In reality, the Island is basically a place where you end up suspended in time, dead man's shoes and all that. If you have dreams of large aircraft and going places, avoid it like the plague! Grump over.

PDG of the Antarctic has thrown the towel in, so will be offski in a couple of months. Timed to perfection, bless. We'll miss the old lump like the others who've pulled the pin and settled for a happy retirement. Big old pussycat, but he'd kill me for saying it, if he ever found out how to use a PC and come on here!

The reject bit I can handle easily but I do think the F/O reject was a good idea, it saved time. Different train set, that's all!

The IOM ground crews are delighted they won't have to listen to me though, so at least someone will be better off! - Allways a bright side if you look hard enough!