PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US bid to enable arming of US pilots on all flights
Old 10th Mar 2007, 17:38
AirRabbit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who needs guns? When faced with a homicide/suicide type individual we can just "Pull a Neville" negotiate "Peace in our time"! Worked for the Brits.
With all due respect, I don't think my British colleagues have a corner on THAT particular market. We here in the US seem to have a whole Congress full of those who believe that it is the "politically correct" thing to do to sit down with your enemy, enter into a gentlemanly discourse, and find out why he is our enemy. From there it is thought to be rather easy to find a way to make that issue "go away" and, thereby, make your enemy your bosom buddy. Life is good. Everyone has his price - and the US can afford to pay any price to ensure that life is good for everyone everywhere. Of course, to buy into this logic, we have to forget that such actions have yet to work in the real world, but, what-the-hey ... what is there to loose? I call it the "Polly-Anna-Funeral" syndrome. The only thing that is more tragically funny is the “I’ll-fix-you” syndrome. That is where an argumentative person loads and cocks a firearm, aims it at his own head, with his finger gingerly pulling on the trigger, and says, “If you don’t do what I want, I’ll fix you!” And the only reason that this IS more funny is that you and I would be around after the fact to actually laugh.