PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS one of best 20 companies to work for in UK
Old 10th Mar 2007, 16:20
Not Long Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

As far as communication goes, between you me and the people at work I talk to..
Everyone says communication is important, but I think this particular pudding may have been a little over egged. Let me postulate..
Whenever (which wasn't often) anyone asked about intra company communication, people said it was rubbish, but this was not a generalised comment. It related, as far as ATCOs/ATSAs were concerned, to the fact that the (virtually) only thing anyone cared about and wanted to know was exactly when would we be relocating. This was understandably a touchy subject for the company, being such a slippery date. So all the surveys said "what do you want?", answer "to be given a firm date for the move." which to those conducting the survey equated to "better communication". So now we are awash with letters, bulletins, news sheets and the like, telling us which particular department has been renamed this week etc, when all we really wanted was someone to stick their head over the parapet and say "We're moving on such and such a date. The end"
Just the feeling I get. Or maybe it really is enlightening that we now have more people in offices telling us things we didn't know we didn't know and to be honest, probably didn't care.