PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Too old?
Thread: Too old?
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2007, 08:46
2close

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its ridiculous to have people from the family , or a few fudged up peers who just come up and tell you that its a bad decision
...and you will continue to get it, don't worry.

I packed in a very well paid job last September to fulfil this ambition of getting my FI / CPL and working as a FI.

I should have done it 12 years ago but for what now seem stupid reasons I didn't.....then all of a sudden it struck me that I was sick as a pig that I hadn't done it, that time was running out (because, like it or not, the big endex is coming closer for all of us) and that I was living my life with a big regret hanging over me. So I said screw this for a game of soldiers I'm at least going to try.

But, even at 46 years old, my own house, sufficient sponds in the bank, no ties to worry about, my mother doesn't stop 'Have you got a job yet?', 'This is very expensive', 'Are you sure this is the right thing to do?'.
Mother, I love you but put a sock in it.

And sitting here, listening to the theme to 633 Squadron and visuallising the flying scenes I KNOW it's the right thing to do.....oops, Eminem now, but funnily enough, it's 8 Mile - Lose Yourself, and the words are 'You only get one chance, Do not miss your chance to blow cos opportunity comes once in a lifetime!' (or something like that) - listen to the opening verse, it makes you think.

Right, back to number crunching......woo hoo!!!!