PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue EBA
Thread: Virgin Blue EBA
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2007, 08:15
sinala1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by djvirginblue
call me a bimbo
Ok.......... Bimbo!!! (Just Kidding - we need to laugh at ourselves through all this! )
Originally Posted by djvirginblue
but when has virgin blue flown to denpasar or singapore or are you preempting that this is we're we will be flying to in the future???
From the agreement:
1.3 Operation and Application of this Agreement
This Agreement applies to Virgin Blue Cabin Crew members operating on Boeing 737 and Embraer aircraft
operated by Virgin Blue on domestic and international routes where a flight involves a time zone change of not
more than 3 hours from Eastern Standard Time or Eastern Standard Summer Time. This Agreement extends to
operations no further north than the line of latitude passing through Singapore.
2.2.8 International Operations
To the extent that as a business we elect to operate internationally under this Agreement, including extended
pairings, we will discuss this with the FAAA prior to doing so.
4.1 Salaries, Pay Rates and Annualised Allowances
Your total salary comprises a base salary along with various annualised allowances, which are set out below. It
includes payment for working the full variety of shifts, weekends and public holidays. It also includes payment for
all work associated with international operations and endorsement on Boeing 737 and Embraer aircraft.
This EBA makes reference to international operations on the B737 - they were just a couple of destinations that are within reach of a B737. I wouldnt be surprised if now that we are aligned with Pac Blue's crewing on the -800, if we take over some of their operations or open new sectors for them. I am NOT presenting that possibility as fact - its pure speculation - however under this EBA with the possibility of extended pairings, augmented crew, split shifts with rest potentially onboard the aircraft; all that combined with the removal of the CS Level 2 paygrade which was previously there for international operations - it brings us closer to Pac Blues cost base....