PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thick passenger comments
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2007, 05:24
DizzyIzzy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More Dumb Responses.....

1) On a flight from CLT to IAH, a very happy pax was telling me all about how she had almost missed her Mexico vacation because of the hurricane in Cancun and US Airways wasn't flying to Cancun but they had been soooo sweet and rebooked her on Continental so she could still get there today. (The hurricane, BTW, was headed directly for Cancun.)

Me: Umm, why do you think we will be flying into a hurricane when US Airways will not?

Pax: But Continental flies out of Houston. US Air is out of Charlotte.

Me: Yes, but the hurricane is headed for Cancun......

Pax (looking very downtrodden): Oh. I think they just rebooked me to get rid of me.

Ya think?????

2) Standing at the gate, waiting for the aircraft that was coming from customs, slight delay.... Gate agent made a very nice, clear PA explaining situation and assuring everyone she'd update them if the wait would be longer than ten minutes.

The very professional businessman standing RIGHT IN FRONT of her said, "Is that for me too?" Honest to God, he did

3) And one for the boys up front....

I am from Scotland and had some of my fellow countrymen on a flight from somewhere oil-related into IAH (can't remember from where). We had a nice conversation during the flight and when they got off in Houston they said their fair-thee-wells in a broad Doric accent. I replied in kind. Captain looked at me and said, "What language were they speaking?" "English!" I replied, "Sort of - they're from my hometown."

"Did you understand them?" asked the f/o.