PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Garuda Flight crew SIM/Line checks
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2007, 04:36
PK-KAR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Persuading Change

Elroy,
As far as I remember (I last saw their Company Policy 3 years ago) 1000ft AGL instrument, 500ft AGL visual and flap 30 (737) and Autobrake 2, but I have to check on this again as it has been a while. On the flights I've been on, it has been applied. The ones I don't go on, I don't know.

404 Titan,
I do not work for GA, its competitors, the DOT, the DGAC, the NTSC nor the newspaper either. I have no interest in protecting them. There is no doubt that Indonesia's aviation is in dire needs of massive improvements. We have so far 24 incidents/accidents/preventive/atc diverts in our airspace so far this year... involving 3 write offs, 2 fatal accidents, 2 ATC "gross deficiencies"... these are just ones that are caught by our local news, crews who are willing to talk, and the local aviation forum. And the we have at least 3 (if I remember correctly) silly government directives on aviation over the past 6 months that makes us wonder "what the hell they are thinking."

Obviously doesn't take a genius to see these deficiencies/room for improvement.

In the past, loss of face, secrecy (like the "brotherhood" mentality) have hidden a lot, but these are being broken down slowly, that's why we've all come to be aware of the problems.

Should this accident be truly a pilot error, so be it. But, it is in our interest to seek out all other possibility because in the past, accidents have been unfairly blamed on the pilot while management policy/pressures haven't been touched. Blaming pilot error for an accident where the factors causing his error was say, maintenance, and not even mentioning that in the accident report, is not the way to do it.

There are many ways to bring change, one is to enforce it, another is to encourage it. One cannot go without the other. There are of course other ways, but it is in the interest of objectivity that the ones who want change over here, tell the truth and dismiss the untruth.

One thing we all know, we still got a long way to go.

Cheers,

PK-KAR

Last edited by PK-KAR; 10th Mar 2007 at 04:46. Reason: typo