PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why cant we low timers CFIs get a job?
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2007, 23:38
spinwing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To Tall....
I've sat back and watched this thread develop ....
Finally the truth has come out .... you are just physically too big for the R22!
And I suspect that is part of the problem ... many Chief Pilots and Chief Instructors will be looking at you and think "this dude needs to be in a 205 not a Robbie" ... and with 200 hrs you are not going to be let anywhere near a BH205!

It is going to be a very hard task for you to crack that job market.
My personal point of view is that candidates for an Instructor rating should need to have about a 1000hrs of PiC (in a real operating envoironment) before commencing their course ... yes I know that is hard ..... but then so is the REAL world of helicopter aviation and to be frank I cannot see how or why you should expect to teach a skill you have in fact not got anywhere near mastering yourself.

I am sure that this post will bring down a firestorm of vitriol ... but there is more to teaching helicopter flying than just teaching a student to hover and fly a traffic pattern..... the importance of an instructor being able to pass on to a student what NOT to do and WHY is just as important and that is what is needed in the industry now more than ever! You will not have those skills with only 200hrs of Heli time!

Good luck