PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Flight Training (EFT)
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2007, 20:20
henriksch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi
I can also help with any questions regarding Ari Ben. I did their pro course, and instructed. Ended up with 800 hours, 570 multi before leaving.
The FAA/JAA rule for the timebuilding is the the acknowledgement of the safety pilot.
One pilot is under the hood - All this time the other pilot (PNF) log safety pilot.
PNF can only log this when PF is under the hood in VFR conditions (not much use for a safety pilot in IFR conditions).
You can log all the time you are in command under JAA. So if you go there, and want to log the hours JAA, then make sure u dont fly under the hood (ie in IMC conditions)..Then you are the PIC, and PNF cannot log it.. Not your problem though, and most American dont seem to care.

@Farrell
Duchess dont have a MEL...But an AEL..

I think that now Thomas is their 2 year instructor (the instructor that fly with other instructor wannabees), It is possible to be done in 6 -7 months.
I loved it there, and would have liked to stay (damn visa people). Mike is a no b......t guy. The price you get is what you pay..
I was told 29.5 usd (back in the cheeper fuel days'), and I finished at just that + test fees (300 + ac pr flight test and 90 usd pr written).

Last edited by henriksch; 9th Mar 2007 at 20:32.