PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How many Bacon pilots have actually left?
Old 9th Mar 2007, 17:13
Anotherflapoperator

Having taken a look at Flybe's nice new PCs sitting in our crewroom, from what I can see of their SOPs, I might be joining the exodus very soon as well. Man and Boy, lovely. I thought I didn't like the BA stuff, but perhaps it wasn't so bad after all.....

No talking to ground crews, no this no that, setups still there, Captain gets the thrust levers on take-off, can't figure out why they'll bother letting me start the engines, may as well hand that back too and just fill out paperwork. After all, the Journey log's back and the airplan layout has twice as many boxes to fill in too. Progrerssive it is not and this winter I have the wonderful priviledge of losing my jet seat and moving to the RHS of a Q400 to put the ice on the cake.

Even Ryanair sounds appealing right now. I got to see FlyBE's seniority list too, and there's a lot of green lines throughout the list- folk working notice. I'm not actually sure who has the higher percentage of leavers, us or FlyBE?

Depressing stuff. Then again, I still count myself lucky I'm not BRS based. Last time I took a drive about, I wondered that I might like to be based there as the area looked very nice. Best of luck to all you folks down Bristol way getting jobs with the big Orange or whoever.