PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ICAO introducing MP License
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2007, 11:56
404 Titan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
permFO
The rest of the training is in a simulator and your "license" will only allow you to fly in the RHS of what you did the sim training on.
That’s no different to what happens now. I fly the A330/340 from the right hand seat. I am not qualified to be the pilot flying from the left hand seat and I certainly can’t go and fly a B737 or the like without the endorsement in my licence. Someone with a MPL would have to go through the same training to change aircraft types as you or I would.
At least the cadet schemes produced a pilot with a basic ME-CIR.
Most of whom will never use it again until their command comes up. Most (not all) direct entry pilots who get into the airlines never fly for recreation again either. All their hours are owned by the airlines and if they want to pursue some recreational flying must get permission from their employer.

As I said I really don’t see this making any difference to what is currently the general entry avenues to the airlines. MPL’s will replace traditional cadet schemes and just like the current cadet schemes, will be for the few that can afford $100K+. Those that can’t will continue via the traditional GA/Military avenues and ultimately will still be accepted into the airlines as they are now.

People stop sweating about this. It will “NOT” affect your chances of getting into the airlines in the future, just as cadets didn’t when they were introduced in large numbers in the 60’s and 70’s.