PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airways Flight Training Exeter
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2007, 10:47
K.Whyjelly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have to agree with most of the posters on here about the quality and value given at AFT. The instructors when I was there a few years back now, were pin sharp and did all they could to get you through in min time but not at the expense of slack instruction.

At the time I was there the operation was highly thought of (as was Bristol G/S) by guys needing to do courses in their allocated leave periods and the school geared up to this mentality.

Not all the studes were ex FJ mates and not all of us had the spare capacity of others (my sim buddy was at the time down from a Yeovilton SHAR sqn and to watch him make origami birds whilst flying a S/E NDB and turn around in his seat to discuss the nights beer plan, was.........). Well thats how unfazed he seemed to be by it all unlike me, learning the black art of NDB's and gates and pre-gates!!!

Not wishing to blow my own trumpet, just showing that with the right instruction and motivation (and a bit of previous flying experience) you don't have to sell your soul to the devil (or bank manager) and do heaps of flying. I did 6 sorties of around one hour and then the IRT with a first time pass.

Thank you AFT

Last edited by K.Whyjelly; 9th Mar 2007 at 10:49. Reason: inability to spell!