PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indonesian B737 runway overrun/crash
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2007, 09:39
PK-KAR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sinbad1,
Sorry if you took it as a criticism of your post, I was trying to elaborate on your point using the procedures they used here. Sorry if it sounded "a bit defensive/offensive", but after reading several posts blaring out "tyro-type captains" and having "teh tarik" on final approach, restraint becomes a very precious asset. Sorry if I sounded as if I was criticizing you, wasn't the intention... it's been a loong few days over here. Flight cancellations, pax wanting refunds, almost loosing clients, family and friends all within a few days...

Yes they do work hard, some work so hard they get trodden allover, some love their work, some hate it, but at least most of them go about what they do as professional as they believe they can.

As for the cabin crew, I'm still trying to verify the last actions of the FA1 who died on duty...

Interestingly, all the cabin crew on that flight are seniors! Perhaps that too was a factor.

With regards to the Hard Landing, NO not all aircraft suffer the Adam Air fate after hard landing (God knows how many hard landings I have inspected following inbound flight over the years), but if you read the statement coming out from the chief pilot, taking in to account the latest statement from the Civil Aviation Safety body of Indonesia in their finding evidence of debris left on the runway from the nose gear, the initial hard landing (and forgive me for saying this) would be on the main wheel first, not the nose wheel, would it not??
Still trying to sift through some details of recollections of my friends of some eyewitnesses. They mostly concur with main landing gear first on the first bounce, but everything after that was blurry (apart from "it bounced 2x") until the point spoilers and reversers were deployed, at which point everyone was in utter disbelief, coz what they expected and feared most next, happened!

PK-KAR