PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue EBA
Thread: Virgin Blue EBA
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2007, 09:19
wirgin blew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
seektofly - DRW return is possible from either MEL or BNE as a single crew return trip. The way I read it you will get nothing extra for this trip other than overtime hours over 10.5. It is treated as a day trip as you are not actual using a hotel nor a you staying away from home so you are not entitled to the allowance. I have heard that VB was paying this in breach of the tax office ruling on allowances.
The meals that VB provide are not a requirement as you can bring your own or buy whats off the carts (LOL). Also in the crew meal survey an overwhelming number of respondants said that they would rather bring their own food and the wastage every day supports this.
The allowances have been broken down by the ATO and if you want the link I can pm you so the company is just paying us what the ATO is telling them is ok.
I'm certainly not encouraging you to change your mind about the EBA but we need to focus on what we have control over changing and forget about whats out of our hands.
Now according to operations table 1 page 47 - we can do the DRW return leaving between 1800-2159 as long as it fits in to 11.5 duty hours, if for some reason we are delayed enroute we will be asked to extend to 13.5 (6.5.5). The way I see it people will want to get home as they wont have a change of clothes so then if one person says lets stay in DRW they either get relief crew to do the sector or the whole crew gets an unplanned layover. This to me is just one of many areas that need work on.