PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe to aquire BA Connect. Crew thread. (No Spotters)-(Part 2)
Old 9th Mar 2007, 08:42
Shoo shoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Management style

What a very sad story - esp re BRS-, W18, as an ex BRS Rasher we may know each other & I wish you & your colleagues all the best, but what hollow words they sound.

What people need is a job and it is interesting to note that the negotiating team who shook hands with JF & co on the day they all agreed terms, were told nothing of these plans.

The deal was signed with BA on the Monday & then out comes the news that BRS is for the chop. Maybe they didn't know they were intending to do that when they ensured the reps the future was good? Maybe pigs really can fly?

I refer back to my earlier post, and repeat that corporate managers never give you the straight unspun picture, at least not in my very long experience.

They also regularly make huge cock ups and still think they are very clever people. The only way to deal with them is to either always assume the worst (& you'll need a lively imagination as BRS shows) or unionise to the level that BA mainline has.

Anyone who thinks that their Ts&Cs would be what they are without over 90% member ship + a real willingness to strike, is sadly mistaken.

I am not a spokesman for BALPA but in that repsect you pays you money etc etc

SS sh B