PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Job Overseas.
Thread: Job Overseas.
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2007, 05:44
320aviat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Job Overseas.

Hi guys im new to this forum.My first post on pprune.Im a FO for A320 with 3000 TT.It has been a long time dream for me to work and live in overseas countries like europe,us,canada,aus,etc.I happen to meet an ex air france A321 capt a few days back.According to him it is almost impossible for a asian to get a airline job in countries like aus,uk,us,canada,fance,etc even if you are type rated and have sufficient hours.I have several of my friends who have moved to carriers like korean air,eva air,china airlines,air hong kong,cathay,emirates,etihad,jet airways and singapore airlines.But so far I have not heard of any asian getting into carries like qantas,british airways,virgin atlantic,klm,lufthansa or even easy jet or ryan air.(CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG).I would like to know several information......

1.Is it really impossible for asians to get a airline job in the countries i mentioned?
2.If it is true,why is it so?
3.what is the standard of living of pilots in these countries?

Thats all for now.I would like ask for an advanced APOLOGY if I have in anyway ANNOYED anyone on this forum through my post.THANK YOU,HAPPY FLYING